Monday, April 21, 2014

Neil Armstrong Academy

When I switched schools in 4th grade from Waterford to Oakridge, my 4th grade teacher was Mrs. Smith.  She was an amazing teacher - very loving and interested in her students.  It was very difficult switching schools, but without Mrs. Smith, my year would have been impossible!

She is no longer at Oakridge, but she and Mrs. Rolan (from Oakridge) had the great opportunity to be 2nd grade teachers at a NEW, INCREDIBLE elementary school, Neil Armstrong Academy!  Let me tell you, I wish elementary schools were like this when I was in elementary school - iPads for all the students, beautiful open school design with so many windows, a greenhouse that is utilized by all the students, and the library would be a definite favorite spot!



I was able to meet with both Pam Smith's class as well as Jan Rolan's class while at Neil Armstrong Academy. 



In Mrs. Smith's class - I wore a microphone as we talked about service.  They also had their school administration in the room filming the event.




The kids were so excited to brainstorm ideas for service.  They paid great attention to everything I said (that crown does create an aura :)).

Their cards for Shriners hospital were fabulous! Mrs. Rolan's class even made pop-up cards - talk about creative!!





I got the hugs and high fives at the end of each class as they gave me their great card creations in exchange for autograph cards.  One girl embraced me and told me, "I want to be just like you when I grow up".  What a kind thing to say - and helped me know how much of a role model I am for these kids as I visit them as Miss Utah International! I was very humbled by the comment and touched!

I can't wait to visit Neil Armstrong Academy again!  Keep those Handz doing good!



No comments:

Post a Comment