Friday, February 14, 2014

The Beginning Of My Journey

I had my dress and my fun fashion outfit.  I had shoes and had practiced walking.  I was excited and ready to participate in the 2014 Miss Utah International Pageant!

I messaged the director, asking for a pageant date and she told me to contact the national director. After doing this, I learned that this year’s pageant was cancelled. I was devastated.

Instead of a pageant, the International pageants were accepting applications with pictures and then conducting interviews to determine the representative from Utah, because of some confusion with the pageant’s local director.  I quickly submitted all my paperwork and a picture with the hope of still obtaining the title of Miss Utah International, so I could have the chance to use the title for promoting youth service and still participate in the International Pageant!



No comments:

Post a Comment